Tuesday, February 19, 2013

What's in a name...

Some people have questions why I have chosen to use the designer Emilio Prada for my blog title. No, I'm not completely obsessed with the designer (although he does an excellent job of creating works of art with his eye ware, amongst other things) the title has a deeper meaning. Some people may know that I have family who live in Italy, my grandparents were Italian immigrants and traveled to America in 1942. Having my fair completion and my dad's "white-man" traits, I show little to no resemblance to my mother...nor being Italian at all.

This past summer I traveled to visit my family, trust me I had a world-wind of an experience (the details I will share later). My family primarily lives in Venice, Rome, and Milan, all in which are unique and beautiful. However, I did not fall in love in Rome I fell in love with fashion in Milan. My cousin Jessica, I know what you're thinking Jessica is not your average Italian name, especially since no one could pronounce "Robyn". I was referred to as Roberta for the duration of my trip.

Milan was Mecca of fashion, and I wanted to die and be buried right in front of the Giorgio Armani Hotel. Every time I think about Milan a spark ignites inside me and, and thoughts about fashion, and luxury encompasses my entire being. Those of you may know that Emilio Prada originated in Milan, if not then here's a little lesson on Fashion history. To sum it all up, my title represents my love of fashion, my lust for traveling around the world, a tribute to my Italian heritage, and most importantly a few recipes shared from my Zia Rina, and my 85 year old Nonna.

 I hope you enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. Your description of your blog completely fits your personality. I love that you made it something you're not only passionate about, but can wholeheartedly throw yourself in to.

    ReplyDelete